With declining age, every one of us starts agonizing about skin sagging, loosening, fine lines, and wrinkles. Heading to beauty spas and aesthetic clinics is a culture now, where women want to reverse back their age. Various cosmetic treatments, products, and laser treatments are in practice to rejuvenate your skin, make you younger than your biological age, and combat the effects of chromosomes. The attempt is equally fair as we renovate houses, update our wardrobes, and want to see beauty everywhere around us, then why not ourselves. Yes, it is vital because facial aesthetics is the first impression of your personality. The best foundation that one can wear is glowy, healthy skin with no print of age. Advance aesthetics offers the latest replacement of laser, injections, and surgical ways of skin rejuvenation and tightening. Dr. Elita Lemoni has introduced Ion Plasma Fibroblast, or plasma skin resurfacing that helps to improve your skin appearance by tightening and lifting.
What is Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
Fibroblast is a particular type of connective tissue cell that is present just below the top layers of skin, i.e., dermis, tendons, and some rough tissue in the body. Fibroblasts secrete collagen proteins which are responsible for maintaining the structural framework of skin tissues. As a result, fibroblast plays a vital role in wound healing, skin tightening, and firmness. The ion plasma fibroblast treatment claims to rejuvenate skin by improving fine lines, wrinkles, and photoaging pigmentation.
How does Plasma Fibroblast Treatment work?
Ion plasma fibroblast therapy utilizes the metallic tip of a fibroblast pen, which releases a high-frequency electric current to the small targeted areas of the skin. The electric arc produced by carbonization of the skin surface is called plasma flash. Plasma flash triggers collagen regeneration by applying a symmetrical grid over the treatment area. Collagen regeneration is stimulated by the current emitted by the plasma tip. The small holes and micro-injuries are responsible for collagen stimulation, where the body’s natural defense mechanism induces the production of new collagen against the micro-wounds. You may see the transformative results immediately, whereas dramatic outcomes will be seen after six weeks.
According to the PMFA journal published in 2019, it was reported that fibroblast therapy that uses thermal disruption of skin produces the following effects;
- Protein breakdown
- Tissue regeneration
- Stimulation of fibroblast activity
- Collage tissue contraction or tightening
What are the Benefits of Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
- Wrinkle reduction
- Eyelid tightening
- Tightening of neck skin
- Acne scars reduction
- Stretch marks reduction
- Reduces pigmentation
- Age spots reduction
- Jawline tightening
- Upper lip treatment
- Seborrheic keratosis (A benign growth in the skin)
- Lip fillers replacement
- Improvement in skin texture
- Moderate skin lightening
- Minor changes in facial skin contour and symmetry
Who is a Suitable Candidate for Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
The treatment plan is safe, quick, and effective. It has reasonably replaced laser and surgical rejuvenation procedures. You must be in good health before going into the treatment. Also, the treatment is effective for light to medium skin tone individuals.
Your positive and realistic expectation from the procedure’s outcome makes you an n ideal candidate for the treatment.
Is Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment Safe for everyone?
Unfortunately, treatment is not safe if you fall under the following conditions.
- You have keloid scarring
- You are diabetic
- You suffer from poor wound healing
- You suffer from lymphatic drainage issues
- You have a history of severe hyperpigmentation
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a darker skin complexion
- You are presented with herpes simplex virus 9Cold sores, Fever blisters)
You need to reschedule your plasma fibroblast appointment if suffering from a herpes simplex viral infection. Your physician will prescribe you using Valtrex three days before and four days following the treatment.
What to Expect Before Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
Dr. Elita recommends following protocols to follow before getting into treatment;
- Consult your general health physician before getting into treatment to assure your suitability for the procedure, or Aesthetician Elita also schedules an additional consultation before the procedure.
- Reschedule your ion fibroblast treatment if having signs of cold and flu
- Your skin should be clear with no signs of inflammation
- Postpone your tanning treatment for at least eight weeks after the treatment.
- Discontinue using skincare products using retinol or AHA two to four weeks before the treatment
- Remove contact lenses and eyelash extensions before getting upper or lower eyelid treatment.
- Discontinue using salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid-containing skin care products four weeks before treatment.
What to Expect During Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
The treatment procedure of Ion Plasma fibroblast starts by applying a local numbing agent. You will need to wait for thirty minutes to get into the process for numbing cream to produce its action. In the next step, your Aesthetician will mark the designated areas of the skin to start the procedure. Next, the plasma pen will create small arcs of microcurrent at the treatment area and produce small dot-like scabs on the skin. The last step is removing numbing agent and applying cooling gel to the treatment area to reduce the tingling and burning sensation.
The entire procedure takes about thirty to sixty minutes to get complete.
What to Expect After Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
- Let the scabs fall themselves. Please don’t pick them yourself.
- Don’t apply makeup or mineral products up to four days after the treatment
- Do not apply plasters and bandages to the treatment area. Otherwise, you will face a delay in the natural healing of the skin.
- Keep the treatment area clean.
- Avoid doing strenuous exercises, hot baths, steams, and saunas
- Use ice to reduce post-procedure swelling
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure and tanning beds
- Be tolerant and allow your skin to heal and produce natural outcomes
What are the after-effects of the Ion Plasma Fibroblast Treatment?
- Temporary changes in skin pigmentation
- Formation of temporary carbon crusts
For further information, book your initial consultation by filling our online information form, or call now!